Fundacion ESPLAI, Spain
Contact: Virginia Pareja Vallina firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundación Esplai is a 20 years old non-profit organization, whose mission is to promote social and digital inclusion as well as committed citizenship. We bring people and organizations together, running projects in collaboration with other local organizations, with public administrations and with companies.
Our main areas of expertise includes:
- Digital inclusion of vulnerable groups and certification of digital competences to overcome the digital gap and to improve participants’ employability (i.e. Red Conecta, Red Conecta Migración, Conecta Code, Mayores Conecta2, Reconéctate, BecaMOS,etc.).
- Coding and educational robotics to develop soft and transversal skills among children and youngsters and to promote technical vocations especially among girls.
- Social and educational projects, based on the service-learning methodology, addressed to vulnerable young people to develop their soft skills, to educate in values and to promote volunteering, social entrepreneurship and healthy leisure time (Jo_Ven, Actívate, Red de Ciudadanía Comprometida, etc.).
- Labour insertion of vulnerable young people through high quality technical training – Internet of Things, Java, .Net, BI, Python, QA/Testing, etc.- (i.e Enfocat’, Empleo Joven) or through a mentored dual process of training and employment in administrative tasks.
- Design of methodologies and resources and delivery of training (online and face-to-face) addressed to e-facilitators an educators working in the social field.
We are registered as official providers of ACTIC, the Catalan certification of digital competence, understood as the combination of knowledge, skills and attitudes. We also offer the Microsoft Office Specialist certification, including adapted materials and the training needed to prepare the exams. Thousands of adults from 16 years old have got the official Microsoft certification with our curriculum and methodology, which certifies different grades of knowledge and skills of Microsoft Office. Fundación Esplai is a member of Telecentre Europe Network (P1).
Our scope of action is state – although we also work at European and Latin-American level – and our philosophy is based on the networking, through collaboration agreements with other social entities, municipalities and private companies.
We are one of the founders – and currently members of the Board – of the European Association All Digital (former Telecentre Europe) addressed to promote digital inclusion all over Europe.